My Top 5 Reasons To Love Squarespace for Your Business
Top 5 Reasons I Love Squarespace
Admittedly, I'm a bit of a website junky. I currently hold domains in Wordpress, Squarespace, Weebly and Wix. In my line of work, it pays to know a little bit about all of the web options out there and so, I've made it my business to do just that.
Over the past two years, I've chosen a platform that I gravitated to over and over again and even though one of my most profitable businesses still uses a Wordpress website, I chose this platform for all of my design clients. And I’m super excited to finally transfer that Wordpress site over to my fav!
As you've probably figured out from the title, Squarespace is the web hosting platform that I’m talking about. However, in my daily coaching life, it's the website I get asked about the least, funny enough. It's currently going to head to head against the marketing heavy platform, Wix, but I know Squarespace will come out ahead once the celebrity-endorsed dust settles. Want to know why I think that? Here are my top 5 reasons why I think being the owner of a Squarespace website should be your top online business priority.
1. It’s relatively simple to make changes on your own. Yes, before I became a web designer, I used to fumble through these basic changes, but help was just a YouTube video away. Not once did I need to pay someone to help me make changes, saving me both time and money. However, I’m only talking about the day to day changes. For the set-up, I always endorse outsourcing that to someone who knows what they’re doing and can turn it around for you quickly. Someone like The Socialvert.
2. The templates do all the heavy lifting for you. Templates are pre-determined websites pages that don’t have a ton of flexibility design wise, but require zero coding capabilities from the user. Squarespace has around 100 templates now, so there is definitely something for everyone. The hardest decision you need to make is which template to choose. Once you make that choice, it’s drag, drop and design.
3. Low cost of entry. Websites with Squarespace start at just $12USD per month. This is a completely manageable line item in any small business’s budget.
4. Full-service web building at your fingertips. From trend-setting, responsive sites, to e-commerce options, email integrations, analytics and more, this platform offers everything you’ll need to grow your business without the need for plug-in after plug-in.
5. Making huge design changes is a simple template switch. I recently wanted an entire website overhaul from my Wordpress website. My designer told me it would cost upwards of $2000. This was the nail in the proverbial Wordpress coffin. Alternatively, I needed to overhaul one of my Squarespace sites and I was able to complete it in a weekend…on my own! (Yes, that’s my job…but you get my point here! It can be done!) You can work on your new design behind the scenes, while your current website stays live and responsive.
So, those are my top 5 reasons. There’s a pile more, but I’ll stop here as these are the major reasons why I love it. I want to hear from you. If you’re a Squarespace user, why do you love it?
Love the idea of a Squarespace website for you business, but were hoping someone else could build it? You’re in luck! We’re Squarespace experts and Squarespace Circle members and are here to build you a trend setting, beautiful and functional site. Just ask us for more information!