Customers from all over the West Coast can connect with Wave. Internet service from Wave is frequently praised for its reliability, and the company has won numerous awards. Along with internet, cable TV, and phone services, it also offers a variety of bundle options.
Considerations to keep in mind
- Availability of a limited number of units for purchase
- Some plans limit the amount of data that can be used.
- Upload speeds are constrained.
Prices and plans for Wave
Wave provides dependable, fast connections at an affordable price. But Wave has a 2TB limit on the amount of data. If you go over that limit, the provider may slow your connection. Xfinity has similar speeds and prices, but it also imposes data caps, limiting how much you can use. Similar speeds are available from AT&T plans, which are, for the first year at least, slightly less expensive.
Wave broadband plans
- It costs $70 a month for the service.
- One hundred megabits per second (Mbps)
- 5 Mbps is the maximum upload speed.
- The cost per month is set at $80.
- 250 Mbps of download speed
- 10 Mbps is the upload rate.
- There is a monthly fee of $100 for this service
- Downloads occur at a rate of 940 Mbps.
- 10 Mbps are the maximum upload speed.
Wave Broadband is no different from other internet service providers regarding startup costs. There are no contracts with Wave, but some additional costs are to be aware of when using the service.
There are no long-term contracts with Wave Broadband. Instead, you’ll be charged monthly. After a year, your prices will remain the same under this model. Also, you are free to cancel the subscription at any time without incurring a charge.
The service can be provided throughout your home with the help of Wave’s routers and modems. While Wave’s base price is reasonably priced, the associated equipment can be quite pricey. To save money, you can bring your equipment, including a router and a modem, to Wave and return the equipment when you’re done.
- The monthly fee for a modem is $16.
- WiFi modem for $18 a month.
- Enhanced Wireless Internet Access Throughout the House: $9.95 per month.
- A WiFi Beacon for the Whole House: $5 a month.
In addition to the monthly service fee, Wave also charges several additional unstated fees. All of this can lead to a higher monthly fee than you had anticipated for your internet service.
- Up to $80 for a one-time installation fee.
- The infrastructure fee is $5.57 per month per user.
- $10 per month for double data.
- $20 a month gets you unlimited data if you choose to add it on.
Wave in customer service.
Consumers have expressed dissatisfaction with Wave’s level of customer service. However, on the whole, the company appears to be well-received by its customers. Customer satisfaction is high, as evidenced by the fact that it won the Reader’s Choice Award.
Availability of wave
Only the West Coast — Washington, Oregon, and California — has access to Astound Broadband Powered by Wave. San Francisco, Seattle, and Bellingham are the three largest cities available for Wave Broadband. It’s not uncommon for internet service providers like Wave to experience outages due to weather or other factors.
Bundling of Wave services
Wave also provides TV service in addition to high-speed internet. Customizable cable bundles range from just local channels to premium cable networks to sports channels and many other popular streaming options like Netflix and HBO Max. Sling TV and FuboTV are two live streaming TV services that Wave offers as an alternative to traditional cable. As low as $30/mo, these bundles can go all the way up to $100/mo with the addition of premium packages.
In terms of internet service providers, Wave is superior.
Customers searching for high-speed internet on the West Coast will find it affordable and fast with Wave. Wave’s no-contract plans are more flexible than others. Still, they may be more expensive due to additional fees and expenses.
- It costs $70 a month for the service.
- It is possible to download files at speeds ranging from 100 Mbps to 940 Mbps, with an average of 5 Mbps.
- The price per month is $50.
- The maximum download speed is 940 Mbps.
- The upload rate is between 2 and 1000 Mbps.
- The price per month is $20.
- The download speed ranges from 10 Mbps to 2 Mbps per second.
- Upload rates range from 3 to 2000 Mbps.
Those who live on the West Coast can rely on Wave’s internet service. In general, the service is well-liked, and there are no long-term requirements, giving you more freedom to change service providers. However, hidden fees and equipment costs can add up to a higher monthly bill than you expected.